Help (Getting the icons to work on the Map)

Potter, G M (Greg) GPotter at MarathonOil.com
Thu Nov 21 16:41:07 CET 2002

Emily,

I tried to make notes as I installed.  Here is the list of things I did.  I don't know how complete it is
as I may not have written everything down.  But you are welcome to it.  The libz compression library was already
loaded on my machine as a result of being included in my jumpstart image, but I am using version 1.1.4.  It is
installed using the following package: zlib-1.1.4-sol8-sparc-local.gz

Hope this helps!

Here is what I had to do to get nagios running on Solaris.

-  Add /usr/ccs/bin to PATH
-  mkdir /usr/local/jpeg
-  cd /usr/local/jpeg
-  tar xvf /moc/okc/home/tc8/sun/jpegsrc.v6b.tar
-  cd /usr/local/jpeg-6b
-  ./configure
-  make
-  make test
-  make install
-  make install-lib
-  make install-headers
-  untar libpng-1.2.5 to /usr/local/png/
-  cd /usr/local/png/libpng-1.2.5
-  cp scripts/makefile.solaris Makefile
-  make
-  make test
-  make install
-  untar gd to /usr/local/perl/build/gd-2.0.4
-  cd /usr/local/gd/gd-2.0.4
-  vi configure  # add /usr/openwin/lib /usr/openwin/include to Include and
-                # link variables
-  ./configure
-  make
-  make install
-  Add user and group nagios
-  mkdir /usr/local/nagios
-  cd /usr/local/nagios
-  tar xvf /moc/okc/home/tc8/sun/nagios-1.0b6.tar
-  cd nagios-1.0b6
-  ./configure
-  make all
-  make install
-  make install-commandmode
-  make install-init
-  create link to apache htdocs for nagios documentation
-  ln -s /usr/local/nagios/nag*/html/docs nagiosdocs
-  Documentation on web page, find setting up the web interface under
   installing Nagios
-  follow the instructions for configuring the httpd.conf files.
-  Add SetENV LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib  to httpd.conf file.
-  To get the status map, histograms, etc ... working you need to have
   installed the gd, png, jpeg, and zlib libraries on your system.