NRPE daemon problem

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Thu Nov 21 16:16:37 CET 2002

(Copying the list to maintain the thread.)

Not by default.  If you want to try nmap, do "nmap -p 5666 localhost).  If
you're on Linux, "netstat -plant | grep 5666" also works.

Did you remember to send a SIGUSR2 signal to xinetd after adding the nrpe
definition in?  If not, get the PID for xinetd, then type "kill -12 <pid>".
After that, do the telnet/nmap/netstat check to see if it's now listening.

While you're at it, please share with us the exact contents of your nrpe
definition file for xinetd.

jc