NRPE daemon problem

Pascal Miquet p.miquet at hafiba.fr
Thu Nov 21 10:37:50 CET 2002

Did you add nagios user user on the remoter server ?
Did you setup the nrpe.conf file ?
What's the contents of the npre into your xinetd.d directory ?

Personally I've done just like the documentation is telling me and
that's it IT WORKS FOR ME ?
Did you take a look on the pam.d stuff if you've got one ?
And last did you allow the Nagios server to get connection on the remote
Server ? (hosts.allow)
And what is the messages into the /var/log/messages files when you try
to connect ?

Regards