Nagios in a large production network

James Pifer netsaintlist at tnjinfl.com
Wed Nov 20 21:38:50 CET 2002

I'm looking to replace our current network monitoring software. Last I
looked at this product it was Netsaint, so it's been a little while.
I've downloaded the latest version, but I have a few questions.

Is it "safe" to install Nagios on a production network and let it
discover everything?
Are there any precautions I should be aware of?
Can Nagios collect and handle SNMP trap events? I don't see anything on
the web site about it.

If not, can anyone recommend software to take care of that piece?

Thanks,
James