Nagios with HP-UX 11.0

Furnish, Trever G TGFurnish at herff-jones.com
Wed Nov 20 19:20:43 CET 2002

Andrew,

Sorry I missed this message - using outlook to filter mail into folders and
the "except if sent directly to me" condition never seems to work, so this
went into the nagios folder I haven't read for a while.

The porting kit is one of those things HP sends for free to customers with a
support contract if you go to their web site and request it - it came about
a week later for me.  Unfortunately I still can't tell you whether this will
help with the compile, as I was drawn away to work on other things and
haven't even gotten to install it yet.  Sounded like it might be helpful,
but your mileage may definitely vary...  If you get it working, I'd
definitely be interested in hearing what you had to do.

FYI, here are some links:
http://www.software.hp.com/DTDC_products_list.html
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo
.pl?productNumber=B9891AA
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo
.pl?productNumber=B9902CA
http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo
.pl?productNumber=PERL

A side-note: be careful to check the ownerships and permissions on the files
installed by these packages.  I haven't installed these particular packages
yet, but I've noticed that some of the software HP packages for free
download gets installed with invalid owner, group, and mode settings.  HP
"Secure Shell" was one of these...

--
Trever