Monitoring two hard disk

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Tue Nov 19 16:23:49 CET 2002

You're new to the list, aren't you?  ;)

I just answered this very question last Wednesday.  But here it is again:

Here's how we're doing it.  The snippet from checkcommands.cfg (note the
linewrap):

define command{
        command_name    check_nt_disk
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 1248 \
        -v USEDDISKSPACE -s $ARG1$ -l $ARG2$ -w $ARG3$ -c $ARG4$
        }

And the checks for the C and D drives in services.cfg:

define service{
        host_name                       itdmlw04
        use                             icmp
        service_description             Space on C
        contact_groups                  windows-admins
        check_command                   check_nt_disk!XXXXX!C!80!90
        }

define service{
        host_name                       itdmlw04
        use                             icmp
        service_description             Space on D
        contact_groups                  windows-admins
        check_command                   check_nt_disk!XXXXX!D!80!90
        }

(Password to access NSClient is obscured by 'XXXXX'.)

Does this help?  (Yes, I'm using the template-based object file
configuration.  You should, too.)  You might be partial to using
'generic-service' instead of 'icmp'.

jc