Yet another ping problem

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Tue Nov 19 07:02:24 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 12:39, Jeff Bilder wrote:
> I am running Red Hat 8.0 and I did the changes and am still getting these results.
>
> [nagios at netrix libexec]$ ./check_ping -H <ip_address>-w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 1
> yes
> Error: Could not interpret output from ping command

First, make sure you've cleared out any cached data -- make distclean
should do it.

After rebuilding, if you have the same problem, try running with
'--verbose'. I think that will show the actual command that is run.

Also, if still failing do

	grep PING sf/nagiosplug/build-redhat/plugins/config.h

and report those pieces of information to the list (after substituting
the path to your build emvironment, of course)

--
Karl DeBisschop <karl at debisschop.net>