Help Please

Christopher Jacob chris.jacob at apropos.com
Fri Nov 15 21:05:01 CET 2002

I seem to have things set up for the most part, but when ever I try any
commands from the web interface (clear and alarm, etc.) I get the
following...

----

Error: Could not open command file '/usr/local/nagios/var/rw/nagios.cmd'
for update!

The permissions on the external command file and/or directory may be
incorrect. Read the FAQs on how to setup proper permissions.

An error occurred while attempting to commit your command for
processing.

----

I have followed the doc step by step in the "External Command File
Permissions" section, but to now avail. I have even tried giving
everyone full access to the file, but nothing seems to work.

I know this is petty, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris