problem with frequence of service checks

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu Nov 14 04:52:29 CET 2002

It could be that the child processes in which the plugins run are
dying off for some reason.  If the processes don't report the plugin
status back to the main process the service check never gets
rescheduled.  I'll be re-examining the scheduling process in 2.0, but
for the time being I would recommend that you enable the
"check_for_orphaned_services" option in the main config file.  Watch
for error messages in the log file that might indicate that a service
check was "orphaned" (i.e. it never reported back to the main
process).  Details on this option can be found at:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/configmain.html#check_for_orphaned_services

On 13 Nov 2002 at 15:31, Volker.Aust at premiere.de wrote:

> Hi Arno,
>
> I have seen this only when Nagios is configured with embedded perl. I
> observe also that the main Nagios process constantly use up more memory.
> After a weekend the Nagios process has over 77MB memory usage (it startet
> with 7 or 8MB).
>
> I don't known if my perl-plugins are the problem.
>
> Have you configured Nagios with embedded perl? Is your Nagios process
> constantly uses more memory? Do you use perl-plugins?
>
> -vol

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---