VMS monitoring

Mike Knell M.Knell at westminster.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 17:56:01 CET 2002

All,

We've been using Nagios for a few weeks to monitor a whole bunch of
hosts around the university, but now the management have asked me
if I can also arrange to monitor the two VMS systems we still have around.

I can do the usual checks to make sure network services are available,
but has anyone done host-level monitoring of disk space etc. on VMS
boxen? Having had a quick google, I suspect that one or two people might
be doing it, but there's not much detail, and as a UNIX guy myself I
don't have the necessary clues to write a VMS monitoring plugin..

Mike

--
Principal Systems Development Officer, ISLS, University of Westminster, UK