timeperiods issue

Anoop Atre anoopa at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 17:00:21 CET 2002

Ok I've got a small issue, a server I'm monitoring goes down every night
3AM ~ 3:50AM
But Nagios still checks the host and notifies me that it's down. What am
I doing wrong?

This is my timeperiods.cfg

# 'bkup_down' timeperiod definition
define timeperiod{
 timeperiod_name bkup_down
 alias  24 Hours A Day Minus Downtime for Backup, 7 Days A Week
 sunday  00:00-03:00,03:50-24:00
 monday  00:00-03:00,03:50-24:00
 tuesday  00:00-03:00,03:50-24:00
 wednesday 00:00-03:00,03:50-24:00
 thursday 00:00-03:00,03:50-24:00
 friday  00:00-03:00,03:50-24:00
 saturday 00:00-03:00,03:50-24:00
 }

This is the host definition in hosts.cfg

# '<SNIP>' host definition
define host{
        use                     generic-host            ; Name of host
template to use

        host_name               <SNIP>
        alias                   <SNIP> Linux Server
        address                 <SNIP>
        parents   cage-switch1
        check_command           check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts      10
        notification_interval   480
        notification_period     bkup_down
        notification_options    d,u,r
        }

There is no notification period in the generic template and the only
entry is as above.
So shouldn't this mean Nagios is not checking that host between 3~4?

~