I have a question about the NSClient CPULoad syntax

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Wed Nov 13 08:22:53 CET 2002

Peter Krzystofiak wrote:

> I have a question about the NSClient CPULoad syntax.
>
> ./check_nt -H 192.168.1.1 -p 1248 -v CPULOAD -l 10,80,95,60,80,95,1440,80,95
>
> The last 2 values are critical and warning.
> But what does numbers from 10 to 1440 mean?

Avarage CPU load during the last 10 minutes, 60 minutes, 1440 minutes

> I know its supposed to be a range, but whats with all the numbers in between if its supposed to be a range.
> I want to check the cpuload every 5 min for a 24 hour time period.

If I understand you correctly you want to check every five minutes
what the CPU load was during the past 24 hours? Well, although I'm not
really sure how this might be an interesting figure, you'd just enter:

./check_nt -H 192.168.1.1 -p 1248 -v CPULOAD -l 1440,80,95

May I advise you to read the readme file thet comes with NSClient?
This comes from that file:

CPULoad

Syntax: check_nt -H <hostname> -p <port> -v CPULOAD -l <minutes
range>,<warning percent>,<critical percent>

     <minutes range> between 1 and 1440 (24 hours)
     <warning percent> and <critical percent> : thresholds between 1
and 100.

You can check several intervals in one shot. The follwing command get
the average for the last 10min., 60min. and 24hours.

Example: