get stats on remote systems

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Tue Nov 12 16:42:50 CET 2002

On the nagios host you need the check_nrpe plugin

On the remote hosts, you need the nrpe daemon (from the Nagios add-ons
page).  Intall the plugins (those without the -H option) that your are
interested in. Configure nrpe.cfg on the remote system to allow access
from the Nagios host and define the commands[xx] that are to be available
from the Nagios host.

Note: only commands defined in nrpe.cfg can be executed by nagios.
Note: the plugins options on the remote system must be hardcoded in
nrpe.cfg

Define check_nrpe services in yor configs such that they call the commands
defined in nrpe.cfg.

-sg