Logged in as ?

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Tue Nov 12 16:39:42 CET 2002

If you can get to some things after logging in and not others, its
probably an error in your cgi.cfg.  Rememeber, there are several
different permission settings for users.  Make sure that, if you want
this user to be able to do everything, he needs to get added to every
permission setting in cgi.cfg, which are:

authorized_for_system_information
authorized_for_configuration_information
authorized_for_system_commands
authorized_for_all_services
authorized_for_all_hosts
authorized_for_all_service_commands
authorized_for_all_host_commands

If you are using the default user part of cgi.cfg, you won't be allowed
to do everything, especially see anything related to the nagios process
or executing commands.

I don't know if this helps, but its all I could think of.

-Russell

Gonçalo Gomes wrote:

>Hi Sean,
>
>On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Sean Knox wrote:
>
>>Taking a cursory glance, your config looks good. What about the nagios
>>sections in your httpd.conf?
>>

>>Sean
>>

>I added the lines to the end of httpd.conf,
>
>ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin/ /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
><Directory "/usr/local/nagios/sbin/">
> AllowOverride AuthConfig
> Options ExecCGI
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
></Directory>
>
>Alias /nagios/ /usr/local/nagios/share/
><Directory "/usr/local/nagios/share">
> Options None
> AllowOverride AuthConfig
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
></Directory>
>
>Note that the authentication goes as supposed, I can access everything as
>supposed,
>the cgi just refuses to get me thru some parts, e.g "Process Info", it
>displays:
>
>--
>It appears as though you do not have permission to view process
>information...
>

>If you believe this is an error, check the HTTP server authentication
>requirements for accessing this CGI
>and check the authorization options in your CGI configuration file.
>--
>
>And at the top left corner of the right frame, a grey box with date, logged
>in as, and copyright info,
>instead of the user I logged in with for the basic auth. has "?"
>
>Cheers,
>-Gonçalo.

Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.