Logged in as ?

Gonçalo Gomes goncalo at microeuropa.pt
Tue Nov 12 03:23:14 CET 2002

Hello Michael,

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Michael Feld wrote:

> again, I may be misunderstanding, but there is no correlation
> whatsoever between contacts.cfg and who can access the cgi's in the
> web interface, which is seems that you're suggesting there might be in
> your letter here.  The decision about whether or not to give you
> access is in the .htaccess and htpasswd.users file.
>  Don't know if that helps, but hope so.

quoting an article:

"This is a security precaution that is designed to only allow authorized
people to be able to access the monitoring interface. The authentication is
handled by your Web server using Basic HTTP Authentication (i.e. .htaccess).
Nagios then uses the credentials for the user who has logged in and matches
it with the contacts.cfg contact_name entries to determine which sections of
the Web interface the current user can access"

I guess this quote makes my point clear, but I couldn't find a reference in
the manual. I still am not sure or able to say this is firmly right.

> Michael

Cheers,
-Gonçalo.
(The earlier e-mail was in a "premature phasis" e-mail, disregard please)