statusmap.cgi not compiled during installation

Philipp Boos boos at eboxx.de
Sat Nov 9 00:42:11 CET 2002

Hi,

i tried to install the newest gdlib with libpng, zlib, jpeg and
freetype, all went good, the libs are installed correctly but when i
try to configure nagios with the gd-lib and gd-inc parameters i get
this error:

checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 1)... (cached) no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 2)... (cached) no
checking for gdImagePng in -lgd (order 3)... (cached) no

*** GD, PNG, and/or JPEG libraries could not be located... *********

this ist the configure command i use:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin
--with-htmurl=/nagios --with-nagios-user=nagios
--with-nagios-grp=nagios --with-gd-lib=/usr/local/gd-lib/lib/
--with-gd-inc=/usr/local/gd-lib/include/

where is my failure?

when i run ldconfig with -p i find these entries:
libgd.so.2.0.4 (ELF) => /usr/local/gd-lib/lib/libgd.so.2.0.4

this file exists in the specified folder

any idea??
Ruecker, Rainer> hmmm, did you specify the path to libgd or the gd-sources
Ruecker, Rainer> when you run configure??

Ruecker, Rainer> --with-gd-lib=DIR sets location of the gd library
Ruecker, Rainer> --with-gd-inc=DIR sets location of the gd include files

Ruecker, Rainer> without, there are no pretty pictures ;-)
Ruecker, Rainer> but the rest will compile fine.
>> i've just installed Nagios on one of our servers, but during the
>> installation, some .cgi Files were not compiled, there were no errors
>> during the compiling, i am missing the follwoing files:

Philipp Boos

 Philipp Boos                        mailto:boos at eboxx.de
 eboxx GmbH                        Tel: +49-531-701 50- 0
 Helmstedter Straße 25             Fax: +49-531-701 50-49
 38102 Braunschweig                   http://www.eboxx.de