help on check_udp

Neil neil-on-nagios at restricted.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 8 08:43:51 CET 2002

Subhendu Ghosh writes:

> Depends on the app - if the app can accept and reply to plain text then
> check_udp -s send_string -e expect_string works
>
> Otherwise have to fall back to application specific checks in most cases.
> eg: dhcp will only accept packets originating on port 68 to port 67
>
> check_snmp, check_dhcp in thes two cases.

Ok. Is there any parameter that I need to add for check_snmp and check_dhcp
in services.cfg file? I am asking this because, this is how I got check_tcp
to work in services.cfg file:

check_command    check_tcp!5900

This checks if VNC service is running.

Followup, what about check_dns, what should be the actual line in
services.cfg file?

Thanks again.

Neil