help on check_udp

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Fri Nov 8 08:02:34 CET 2002

Depends on the app - if the app can accept and reply to plain text then
check_udp -s send_string -e expect_string works

Otherwise have to fall back to application specific checks in most cases.
eg: dhcp will only accept packets originating on port 68 to port 67

check_snmp, check_dhcp in thes two cases.

-sg