Disk Checking over snmp

Al Tobey albert.tobey at priority-health.com
Wed Nov 6 20:50:34 CET 2002

Actually, with net-snmp 5.X you'll need to do:
snmpwalk -v2c -c community hostname mib

A better mib (IMHO) than ucdavis is the host-resources, especially since
it is (mostly) consistent across Linux, Windows 2K and up, Novell, and a
few others.
snmpwalk -v2c -c public localhost host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable
for disk stuff
snmptable -v2c -c public localhost host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable
looks better

walk the whole host mib to see some of the stuff that's in there - then
try it on a windows 2000 box :)

-Al Tobey

On Wed, 2002-11-06 at 13:00, Gerald wrote:
> Suggestion from someone off list:
>
> snmpwalk hostname community ucdvais.dskTable.dskEntry
>
> and
>
> snmptranslate ucdvais.dskTable.dskEntry
>
> I'm tweaking my check_snmp currently to make him make use of:
> enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry.dskPercent.1
> enterprises.ucdavis.dskTable.dskEntry.dskPercent.2...3...etc
>
> Thanks for the help. Anyone else have this already setup and can
> copy/paste their check_snmp commands.cfg line?
>
> Gerald
>
> On 6 Nov 2002, Jake Colman wrote:
>

> >     MM> Hi Gerald, Since you didn't provide the args you use with snmpwalk,
> >     MM> I'm going to have to use my psychic abilities.
> >
> >     MM> If you just do "snmpwalk <args> <host>", you'll only get the MIB-2
> >     MM> values, like system, interfaces, etc.  You won't see any of the
> >     MM> enterprise mib, which is where the UCD stuff lies.  You need to give
> >     MM> it something like this:
> >
> >     MM> snmpwalk <args> <host> 1.3.6.1.4
> >
> >     MM> That will walk the enterprises tree.
> >
> > Will all systems have an enterprise tree?  I have snmpd running on my RH 7.2
> > server and "snmpwalk localhost public" dumps all sorts of stuff.  But
> > "snmpwalk localhost public 1.3.6.1.4" dumps nothing.
> >
> > --
> > Jake Colman
> >
> > Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 209-2467
> > Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
> > 902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman at ppllc.com
> > Jersey City, NJ 07311                  www.principiapartners.com

to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this
email in error please notify the Priority Health Information
Services Department at (616) 942-0954.