Disk Checking over snmp

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Nov 6 20:32:10 CET 2002

Gerald wrote:
> What is the your check disk filename? I see check_disk now
> has multiple
> disk capabilities, but the exclusion option that
> check_all_disks.pl had is
> not jumping out at me. /proc needs to be ignored on all my machines.

I originally had check_disk check all the disks, but isn't there a length
limit to what it can return to Nagios?  I seem to recall a plugin (or
perhaps Nagios) limitation of about 1k.

I've got a number of systems which have a LOTS of filesystems mounted on
each.  The 1k string limit is too strict a limitation.  If I wanted to see a
summary in Nagios of the last filesystem check (using this approach), I
wouldn't see everything I needed to, for these systems.

It's more tedious to set up the individual partitions, but using the gold
server approach, and creating a unified nrpe.cfg file, it's helping quite a
bit.

jc