Monitor RAID disks under Win2000

Burton, Steven steve at sliderule.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 17:14:20 CET 2002

Hi.

I have perl script which does this for certain Compaq RAID controllers. It
is highly experimental and works only AFAIK with smart-2hd smart-3200 and
sa-431 controllers for the reason that I only have access to these and it's
a hack (;-) using empirical SNMP as I haven't yet found/read any
documentation.

It is currently monitoring one array as we had the thing in development
until last week so I could (and did) pull disks with impunity.

Is anyone interested in this? It's full of hard-coded OIDs and I won't
release anything until I've tested it some more (I only added the support
for multiple array types today).

Steve.

please reply only to the list