Logout from web pages

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Nov 5 16:31:08 CET 2002

Since Nagios is using .htaccess as its authentication mechanism as
opposed to a cookie based authentication system, the onus is entirely on
the browser you are using to resend the username and password with every
request. All modern browsers that I am aware of do this automagically.
Currently there is no method in the HTTP standard to force a browser to
'forget' its authorization info for the current session and I am not
aware of any way of doing it through the browser other than closing all
open browser windows and launching the browser again.

--
Marc