CGI access issues

Mark Regensberg markr at awards.co.za
Tue Nov 5 09:12:48 CET 2002

Thanks David,

I have checked the nagios.cfg and cgi.cfg files, all permissions have been
granted to the admin user (me :-)

At the moment I have the .htaccess setup with my user name, and the
following contacts.cfg file, which corresponds. The cgi.cfg file permissions
are set for the same user (markr).

<...>
# 'markr' contact definition
define contact{
	contact_name			markr
	alias				Mark Regensberg
	service_notification_period	24x7
	host_notification_period	24x7
	service_notification_options	w,u,c,r
	host_notification_options	d,u,r
	service_notification_commands	notify-by-email,notify-by-epager
	host_notification_commands
host-notify-by-email,host-notify-by-epager
	email				xxx.xxx
	pager				xxx.xxx
	}
<...>

I looked in <nagios-root>/var/rw and it was empty - I touched the file and
set the permissions, but wouldn't this only affect commands?
check_external_commands=0 at the moment.

thanks for the help,

--mark