Does not recognize a ping recovery

Pascal Wessel pascal.wessel at media-online.ch
Tue Nov 5 08:21:24 CET 2002

Steve,

Funny (well, not that much in fact). I had the same trouble once and I
did a reboot of my Linux box (Debian almost woody and nagios latest
stable branch - no CVS).

I think I had this problem because at that time I was editing my config
files a lot (and nagios was running meanwhile).

/etc/init.d/nagios restart wasn't smart enough to cope with these
changes it seems.. A reboot of the box cleared all my mess.

It seems that a network restart was a smarter solution.

By the way, I have no idea of what is causing this behaviour.

Regards (to the list as well).

Pascal