Checking configuration with restarting?

Rob King rob.king at wholefoods.com
Mon Nov 4 19:35:26 CET 2002

Hey everyone,
    I know that you can verify the Nagios configuration files by calling
Nagios with the "-v" flag. However, if there is an error in the
configuration files, while the config check catches it, Nagios still
restarts!

    Well, at least I think it restarts. The "Network Health Bars" all go
to 0%, and I get "0 Hosts 0 Services", etc, etc.

    Is there any way to verify the configuration without restarting? I'd
like to know because very soon we're going to have multiple people
administering one Nagios setup, and I'd like for them to be forced to
verify their configuration before restarting.

    Thanks all!

    Rob