hostgroups being done away with, can someone explain?

Evan Mann emann at questinc.org
Tue Dec 31 16:21:18 CET 2002

The upcoming page indicates hostgroups being done away with because they can
be impleted using the hostgroup_name indentifier.  Current documentation
indicated hostgroup_name can only be used with a hostgroup escalation ,not a
regular host.  Is this being changed or is the documentation wrong?

I currently have a hostgroup escalation for a hostgroup of "all" which uses
all of my hosts (wildcard * in hostgroup.cfg).  If this is changing in the
new release, I'd like to redo my escalations now.