How to make Nagios ping

Giedrius Astrauskas gastrauskas at burrelles.com
Mon Dec 30 18:36:50 CET 2002

Hi,

Thanks for replies.

I found that there already exists command called "check-host-alive", so I am
using that one.

Also, I found that my problem was with syntax how I called plugin. Besides,
another problem was that I was trying to ping though firewall.

I can use Nagios to ping any computer on the network now. It works fine.

Giedrius