controlling tty

Nate Johnson natejohn at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 24 01:40:07 CET 2002

Yes, I tried that.  Mike McClure ended up suggesting something that made
all the difference.  The check_by_ssh plugin was ssh'ing to the IP address
(or $HOSTADRESS$), not the short hostname or the FQDN.  Once I added the
hostkey for the IP addresses I was trying to get to, everything was fine.

Thanks,
Nate

On 22 Dec 2002, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 21:14, Nate Johnson wrote:
> > Maybe I wasn't clear enough about this in asking my question, but when
> > ssh'ing to each host *from the command line* and not *from the cgi
> > frontend* the checks succeed.  It is when nagios is doing the regularly
> > scheduled checks through the check_by_ssh plugin that the warning
> > message is returned to the cgi frontend.  The checks would have failed
> > when executing them manually from the command line if the hostkey of
> > the remote machine wasn't already stored in ~/.ssh/known_hosts.
>
> Have you tried '-f' ?
>
> --
> Karl DeBisschop <karl at debisschop.net>

* Nate Johnson, UITS SysAdmin