Help with check_nrpe arguments, please...

Jack Coates jack at monkeynoodle.org
Sat Dec 21 04:44:04 CET 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 15:41, Andre Philippi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My Nagios and the nagios-plugins are working just fine, but I keep getting :
>
> "Incorrect command line arguments supplied" (on the web interface status
> information)
>
> I did RTFM, searched the list archives, but found no solution to the problem...
>
> Could someone help me, please?

You need to segment the problem and walk through the process step by
step. First try to run the check_disk command on the nrpe -d host, then
try to telnet to the proper port from your nagios box, then see if
nagios can talk to nrpe. For purposes of troubleshooting, you might want
to start with one of the simpler check_proc commands. That might be much
less likely to have hardcoded paths in them like the Solaris check_disk
binary I was just playing with. *cough* I guess Ethan keeps all of his
FSF Sun software under /usr/local/gnu *cough*.

> Below are the relevant parts of the relevant files...

all looks okay from here.
--
Jack Coates
Monkeynoodle: A Scientific Venture...