Extended Info & Status Log with MySQL

Steve Loughran stevelml1 at scee.sony.co.uk
Fri Dec 20 15:39:31 CET 2002

> 3) why is it when I go to Host Detail about 90% of the servers being
> monitored report under "status information" "Host assumed to be up)
> while a few servers at random (it seems) report their ping?? how can I
> get all servers to report their ping?

This is a VVVFAQ....**HOST** checks only get run if a **SERVICE** checks
fails... so if the hosts have never failed a service check, then the Host
check has never been run (and therefore have no history or data, and are
assumed to be up). If you want to show pings for all hosts, add a ping check
as a service check.

Steve