Nagios DB Question

Scott Ripley sripley at chiaro.com
Thu Dec 19 18:40:24 CET 2002

I noticed in the Nagios Contrib README it says:

Database Creation Scripts:
<snip>
No, the tables are not normalized. They're not *meant* to be.

This made made me curious about why the tables are not normalized. Would it
make the implementation more cumbersome? Would it  be a disadvantage in some
way? This is purely for my own edification.

I have also noticed high cpu utilization by the mysql process after adding
nagios w/db support. It is basicly using a whole cpu on its own. Are there
any hints on how to improve this?

Thanks,

Scott.