Check Disk Usage Critical & Warning issues

Tom DE BLENDE tdeblend at gcc.dhl.com
Thu Dec 19 08:43:36 CET 2002

Scott Urbatsch wrote:

<snap>
> Tom says ... Scott, NSClient works with ratios rather than absolute
> figures.
<snap>

Just ignore what I said. Didn't realize you were using Apan. I never
used it and I don't know how it works. Maybe Apan wraps the check_nt
command in such a way that you can use absolute figures. All I can
tell you is that a normal check_nt expects absolute figures.

>From the NSClient Readme:

Disk usage

Syntax: check_nt -H <hostname> -p <port> -v USEDDISKSPACE -l <drive
letter> [-w <warning percent> ] [-c <critical percent>]

     drive letter should be only one character.

     <warning percent> and <critical percent> : thresholds between 1
and 100.

Example:
./check_nt -H 192.168.1.1 -p 1248 -v USEDDISKSPACE -l C -w 80 -c 90