Check Disk Usage Critical & Warning issues

Scott Urbatsch scott at urbatsch.com
Wed Dec 18 16:37:58 CET 2002

I now see my problem here ...

Fredrik says ...  In Apan, you specify how many megabytes there must be
free before warning critical is reported.

And

Tom says ... Scott, NSClient works with ratios rather than absolute
figures.

So what is the number that should show up in the SERVICES.CFG, MB free
or a percentage?

I also read earlier that the amount should include (.00) at the end?
Looking at the APAN scripts it seems the number should be megabytes
free.

FROM WEB PAGE - NOTE Critical
Disk-usage CRITICAL 12-18-2002 07:35:58 0d 20h 55m 33s 3/3 Disk
utilization: c: 1792.00 Mb free, d: 716.80 Mb free,

FROM SERVICES.CFG
define service {
        hostgroup_name                  win2k-servers
        service_description             Disk-usage
        check_command                   apan!nt-disk!1000!500

It seems to me that I should get a WARNING not CRITICAL?

Using Nagios v1.0, Apan 0.2.0, Redhat v8, NSClient v0.7

In Apan, you specify how many megabytes there must be free before
warning critical is reported.

/FredrikW