check_pop

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Wed Dec 18 17:55:07 CET 2002

I just noticed something odd about check_pop.  I know it is just a
sym-link to check_tcp, which is fine, except in the check_tcp code, for
doing pop checks, it does an expect for "110", which is the FTP port
typically.

However, you can get a 110 back even when FTP isn't up and responding.
 As a coworker just pointed out to me, the important thing to expect is
a "+OK", which is the actual FTP response that shows it is working.

Is this a problem in the check_tcp code, or is there a good reason for
the expect "110"?

Russell Scibetti

--
Russell Scibetti