diskcheck

Wed Dec 18 11:27:17 CET 2002

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 10:59:15AM +0100, Patrick Goedhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to check the diskspace on remote systems ?

Yes.

There are a number of ways of doing so including

1 by ssh (you provide a shell for the Netsaint/Nagios user on the remote
system, equip it with the public key of the Nag/Netsaint user and have
that user run the standard plugin check_disk)

2 use netsaint_statd or nagios_statd

3 have the remote machine submit the result of the service check (using
check_disk for example) to the monitor machine with ncsa_send and ncsa

4 Remote Execution Layer

> I know you need to access the remote server to check the diskspace, so
> the only solution would be a local test and send a mail or something to
> the nagios server when there is a problem.

It's possible for the remote host to submit the results with ncsa over a
secure tcp connection to the monitor machine.

Have a look at the addons section of the project web pages
(www.NetSaint.ORG or www.Nagios.ORG).

They are very clearly documented like every aspect of Nagios.

> But how must this be done ??
> or it is possible ?
>
> /patrick/

There are probably other ways.