xml status.cgi output

Russell Scibetti russell at quadrix.com
Tue Dec 17 21:48:20 CET 2002

If you can, don't parse the status.cgi, parse status.log on the box
running Nagios.  In fact, I already have a fairly thorough perl plugin
called check_state which parses the status.log for Hard problems.  You
can give it various arguments, such as number of
critical/warning/unknown found in the log to result in a problem state,
ignoring ack'd problems and things in downtime, regex matching based on
service and/or host name, etc.

If people are interested in this, I can submit it to the nagiosplug
project.  I had planned on submitting it soon, but I was going to do
some more cleanup of the perl code first.

-Russell

--
Russell Scibetti
Quadrix Solutions, Inc.