xml status.cgi output

Tue Dec 17 12:25:35 CET 2002

Dear Sir,

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 11:47:16AM +0100, Carles Amigó wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could Nagios output all status info in a xml output?

Patches to the CGI programs always welcome.

> I would like to make a program that parses all the info remotely, and
> parsing html is very difficult.

While I haven't tried the CGI HTML, it's quite feasable to parse other
HTML with the Perl modules HTML::Parser, HTML::LinkExtor, HTML::Table
(?).

There's a good introductory chapter to the use of HTML::Parser in
"Network programming with Perl", (example code on AWL web site), or for
less easy eaxmples perldoc HTML::Parser (after you have installed it).

There must be plenty of equivalent classes/modules for Java, Python,
Ruby, C++ etc.

> Regards
> --
> Carles Amigó Martínez
> Resp. Advanced Hosting
> Servidores.com
> Tel: (+34) 902 999 707 - Fax: (+34) 93 268 14 79
> carles at servidores.com - http://www.servidores.com
> Servidores.com es un servicio de Inlander Communications SL

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft

from Meditation 17, J Donne.