extra recovery notifications

Jasmine Chua jasmine.chua at securecirt.com
Mon Dec 16 17:55:49 CET 2002

haha.. sorry Tim, was busy doing something about host definitions that day.
Therefore, got mixed up with the options. Tim, you are right about the
options dont worry. Just follow the docs regarding the options. Do you have a
snippet of your host dependency definition?

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 00:43, you wrote:
> Does the "r" option work for you?  I looked at the source code and it seems
> like only "o", "d", and "u" would work.
>
>     else if(!strcmp(variable,"notification_failure_options") ||
> !strcmp(variable,"notification_failure_criteria")){
>       for(temp_ptr=strtok(value,", ");temp_ptr;temp_ptr=strtok(NULL,", ")){
>         if(!strcmp(temp_ptr,"o") || !strcmp(temp_ptr,"up"))
>           temp_hostdependency->fail_notify_on_up=TRUE;
>         else if(!strcmp(temp_ptr,"d") || !strcmp(temp_ptr,"down"))
>           temp_hostdependency->fail_notify_on_down=TRUE;
>         else if(!strcmp(temp_ptr,"u") || !strcmp(temp_ptr,"unreachable"))
>           temp_hostdependency->fail_notify_on_unreachable=TRUE;
>         else{
> #ifdef DEBUG1
>           snprintf(temp_buffer,sizeof(temp_buffer)-1,"Error: Invalid
> notification dependency option '%s' in hostdependency
> definition.\n",temp_ptr);
>           temp_buffer[sizeof(temp_buffer)-1]='\x0';
>           write_to_logs_and_console(temp_buffer,NSLOG_CONFIG_ERROR,TRUE);
> #endif
>           return ERROR;
>                 }
>               }
>       temp_hostdependency->have_notification_dependency_options=TRUE;
>             }
>
> -Tim

- --
Jasmine Chua
Security Engineer, SecureCiRT (A SBU of Z-Vance Pte Ltd)
http://www.securecirt.com