Apache authentication and Nagios

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Fri Dec 13 02:30:12 CET 2002

Stanley Hopcroft wrote:
> mod_apache + Apache::AuthenSMB + Authen::SMB (NT domain
> authentication) works beautifully.
>
> All modules from CPAN.

I tried my hand at getting this to work.  Installed Apache::AuthenSMB and
Authen:SMB without any grief.  I couldn't find a mod_apache on CPAN.

When I change the .htaccess as per the man page, it fails.  The Apache
logfile reports:

[Thu Dec 12 18:53:01 2002] [error] Can't locate object method
"get_basic_auth_pw" via package "Apache" (perhaps you forgot to load
"Apache"?) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/AuthenSmb.pm line 12.

I stopped/started Apache, just in case that was the problem.  No joy.  I
checked with CPAN to install Apache, and it says that "Apache is up to
date."

Suggestions?

jc