basic checks failing

Eric Hill eric at spins.com
Thu Dec 12 23:23:56 CET 2002

Hi, the archive search at sourceforge is either down or choking, so here I
am.

I'm just getting started in Nagios and I have two hosts set up, one with
ping and one with ping and http checks. The check_* commands are failing
when Nagios is trying to do its checks, but if I run the check_* command as
root (and with `su nagios`) it executes no problem and returns OK. I thought
perhaps it was a problem with $USER1 in resource.cfg, but I've
double-rechecked that without change. Is there anything else I could be
missing?

--
Eric Hill     					       we are all mad
eric at spins.com					     the world is mad