question

Pete Dewell pete.dewell at volteurope.com
Thu Dec 12 19:19:21 CET 2002

Jeff,

You can do this, although you will need to write a script to output the
data you require to either nsca or nrpe (which one you use will depend
on whether you want the check to be active or passive - nsca requires a
daemon on the Nagios monitoring machine, nrpe requires a daemon on the
remote machine). Both packages are available from
http://www.nagios.org/download/

I use nrpe (active checks) to monitor certain processes on a remote SCO
machine - works very well for me.

Pete Dewell

Jeff McKeon wrote:

> is it possible with nagios to check a directory on a remote linux system
> to see how many files are there and report an error if the number grows
> above a certain level?  I'm trying to monitor when a mail que builds up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

Technical Support/Analyst
Volt Europe