plugin for squid

ABOKHALAF, Nassri Abdellatif naabokhalaf at refertelecom.pt
Thu Dec 12 14:12:41 CET 2002

Hello Tom,

Well, I've tried to use the check_http commmand for squid check-ups:

I wrote in checkcommands.cfg

define command{
        command_name    check_squid
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -p $ARG1$ -u $ARG2$
        }

then in  services.cfg i wrote

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use

        host_name                       squid.myserver.com
        service_description             squid
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              3
        normal_check_interval           10
        retry_check_interval            5
        contact_groups                  dsi
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command                   check_squid!8080!http://www.google.com
        }

what this command does is

./check_http -I my_squid_ip_addr -p 8080 -u http://www.google.com

the answer is :

HTTP ok: HTTP/1.0 200 OK -   0.156 second response time |time=  0.156

but sometimes an error is returned (not happening now!)

is this testing correct ?

An other issue is https testing. We have a https server and i want to monitor it. I've tried using check_http with the following commnad line options:

/check_http -H webmail.mycompany.com

the answer is :

HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied

therefore nagios returns a warning

HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 404 Object Not Found

by cosequence nagios send me a notification.

How can i test this service correctly?

Thank you in advance

naa