Pb with nagios 2.0a1

Philippe Mounier mounier at enac.fr
Wed Dec 11 15:56:09 CET 2002

I try to use last CVS Nagios version but I have problem with Host check command

I use argument with check command, but nagios "don't understand" : status
host don't change ...

##checkcommands.cfg :
define command {
command_name                   check-host-alive-SNMP1
command_line                   $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o
sysUpTime.0 -C $ARG1$

## hosts.cfg :
define host{
         use                     test-vie-secur

         host_name               g-mir
         alias                   Routeur Salle TD
         address                 172.20.100.65
         max_check_attempts      1
         check_command           check-host-alive-SNMP1!public
         }

but if I don't use argument, it's OK :

##checkcommands.cfg :
define command {
command_name                   check-host-alive-SNMP1
command_line                   $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -o
sysUpTime.0 -C public

## hosts.cfg :
define host{
         use                     test-vie-secur

         host_name               g-mir
         alias                   Routeur Salle TD
         address                 172.20.100.65
         max_check_attempts      1
         check_command           check-host-alive-SNMP1
         }

## nagios.log
[1039617423] HOST ALERT: g-mir;DOWN;HARD;1;SNMP problem - No data recieved
from host
[1039617423] HOST NOTIFICATION: eleve;g-mir;DOWN;host-notify-by-email;SNMP
problem - No data recieved from host

Thanks for help

Philippe