Permissions Error (Could not stat() command file )

Potter, G M (Greg) GPotter at MarathonOil.com
Mon Dec 9 18:13:47 CET 2002

In the httpd.conf file there is an entry that determines the group apache runs as.  In my httpd.conf file it looks like the following:

# If you wish httpd to run as a different user or group, you must run
# httpd as root initially and it will switch.
#
# User/Group: The name (or #number) of the user/group to run httpd as.
#  . On SCO (ODT 3) use "User nouser" and "Group nogroup".
#  . On HPUX you may not be able to use shared memory as nobody, and the
#    suggested workaround is to create a user www and use that user.
#  NOTE that some kernels refuse to setgid(Group) or semctl(IPC_SET)
#  when the value of (unsigned)Group is above 60000;
#  don't use Group nobody on these systems!
#
User nobody
Group nobody

How is yours set.