Modifying scheduled downtime

Rasmus Plewe rplewe at ess.nec.de
Fri Dec 6 15:08:43 CET 2002

Hello,

it's nice to be able to schedule downtime for complete
hostgroups/services. But I was unable to modify this information
afterwards.

I scheduled downtime for a number of hostgroups, hosts and services.
Then it is decided to change the day of the downtime (or extend it a
couple of hours, which is quite common at the end of the
downtime...). The only way I found to do it was to delete the
var/downtime.log file and define new downtimes. If I have a complex
set of downtimes (which is not the case currently) this is bound to
get messy. Is there any place I missed in either documentation or web
interface where I can simply perform a "edit the following set of
downtimes"? Given the format in downtime.log I doubt it, because I
didn't have the impression that downtimes were handled on a "per
downtime" basis, but rather on an individual host/service level.

Regards,
         Rasmus