nsca - weird.

Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] jcarro10 at sprintspectrum.com
Wed Dec 4 21:23:41 CET 2002

If you're concerned about the close_waits and your server is Linux based, do
this:

  echo 120 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time

and add that to your rc.local as well.

(By default, it's typically set to 7200, which is 2 hours, which might be
considered excessive.)

I don't know if this will guarantee immediate relief from your problem, but
let us know if it does.

jc