Latency problem leading to many Nagios daemons running

Marc Powell mpowell at ena.com
Tue Dec 3 14:28:49 CET 2002

/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -s /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg.

IMHO, 30 seconds is an aggressive check interval no matter how many services you are checking. What is your average plugin execution time? You might be seeing that exceed the 30 second time you've specified. If memory serves, nagios *shouldn't* shedule another check for that service until the prevos check completed.

You might also want t look at the *reaper settings.

--
Marc

Sent from a very tiny wireless device with a very tiny unlit keyboard.