parent and children

Mon Dec 2 22:17:43 CET 2002

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 12:24:01PM -0600, Carroll, Jim P [Contractor] wrote:
> Why not create a host check for this 'host' which uses /bin/true as the
> check?

or the very flexible check_dummy

tsitc> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dummy -h
check_dummy (netsaint-plugins 1.2.9-b2) 1.8

The netsaint plugins come with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You may
redistribute copies of the plugins under the terms of the GNU General
Public License. For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING. Copyright (c) 1999 Ethan Galstad (netsaint at linuxbox.com)
License: GPL

Usage: /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dummy <integer state>

This plugin will simply return the state corresponding to the numeric
value of the <state> argument.

eg

tsitc> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dummy 0
Status is OK

>  That way, it'll always be 'up'.  :)  Ditto a mock service on that
> 'host'.
>
> jc

Yours sincerely.

Stanley Hopcroft