Again NTClient sows services as NOT RUNNING

Frank Schafer frank.schafer at setuza.cz
Mon Dec 2 14:55:08 CET 2002

Hi all,

I have an NT host, with the service ``ITS MANAGER - HOST''. This is the
real name of the service, not the displayed one.

If I start
./check_nt -H nt-adress -p 1248 -v PROCSTATE -l ITS Manager - HOST
or
./check_nt -H nt-adress -p 1248 -v PROCSTATE -l 'ITS Manager - HOST'
or
./check_nt -H nt-adress -p 1248 -v PROCSTATE -l "ITS Manager - HOST"

i get ``not running'' in all the cases.

The documentation says, that the list of the services shouldn't contain
blanks. Could THIS be the reason?
If so, ... does anyone know a workaround for this if the real service
name ITSELF contains blanks? The real service name is given and I can't
change it. (If I change the real name using regedit, an internal NT
error occurs when I attempt to start the service) :(

Thanks in advance
Frank