I need help configuring Nagios to send notifications using qpage

Potter, G M (Greg) GPotter at MarathonOil.com
Mon Dec 2 18:03:21 CET 2002

I have installed qpage for sending notifications to my cell phone.  I can manually fire the command that I have configured as my notification within Nagios and the page goes out correctly.  Mail notifications are working within Nagios.  If I look at the notifications list, Nagios thinks it is calling the correct script, but I never receive the page or an error indication.  I have read the on-line documentation, and tried searching sourceforge.net on this mailing list, but I didn't find any hits related to using qpage.

Here are my config scripts for e-mail and qpage:

define command{
command_name notify-by-qpage
command_line /bin/echo "$HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICESTATE$/$SERVICEDESC$ $OUTPUT$" | /usr/local/bin/qpage -i -p greg
}

define command{
command_name notify-by-email
command_line /bin/echo "$ARG1$\n$ARG2$\n$ARG3$\n$PERFDATA$\n$OUTPUT$" | /usr/bin/mailx -s '**$SERVICESTATE$ alert for $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ **' $CONTACTEMAIL$
}

I originally used $CONTACTPAGER$ but decided to try hard coding the page name to see if it was getting called.

Here is the log entry where Nagios thinks it calls the script.
[1038418513] HOST NOTIFICATION: greg-pager;okcu30;DOWN;notify-by-qpage;CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds

Permissions on /usr/local/bin/qpage are 755.

If anyone can point me in the right direction here, or tell me what I have missed I would appreciate it.  Is there a way to find the output of the notify-by-qpage script?  That would also be helpful.

Thanks in Advance for your consideration of this problem.

Greg M. Potter
mailto:gpotter at marathonoil.com